The global entertainment company has declared the second anniversary of the launch of Disney Plus as ‘Disney Plus Day’.
Its boss says it will be “grand-scale celebration” of its subscribers across the entire company.
To mark the occasion, Disney+ Day will feature content premieres including:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- The Disney family-friendly adventure film Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts called Olaf Presents, featuring Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales
- An animated short film Ciao Alberto from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated film Luca
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+.
- The first five episodes from season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton.
Disney+, subscribers will also have access to “promotions and experiences”, according to the company. Disney Parks and Resorts around the world and Disney Cruise Line will join in, rolling out the “blue carpet” for Disney+ fans. As a result, subscribers can expect “surprise moments” including photo opportunities, character moments and more; and popular network shows and syndicated series will join in the celebration along with talent and series.
Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company said:
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company. This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
Disney Plus will be rolled out in several Asian countries for the first time on the day. Disney Plus first launched in November 2019 in a small number of countries, including the USA. It launched in the UK in 2020.