U-turn at Channel 5. After years of cultivating partnerships with third-party broadcasters, My5 continues with Channel 5’s own programmes and services only.
At the beginning of October 2021, My5 removed programmes from services including Blaze, CBS Reality, discover.film, Horror Channel, PBS America, Pluto TV, Real Stories and Together. My5 continues with programmes from Channel 5, 5SELECT, 5STAR, 5USA and Paramount Network. A small selection of BET, MTV and Smithsonian Channel programmes also remain for now.
Alternatives: Where to stream programmes previously available on My5
- Blaze: catch-up programmes available on www.blaze.tv and the Blaze TV app for Amazon, Apple and Android. **Update: Blaze will remain on My5 for a limited time.**
- CBS Reality and Horror: On Freeview Play, YouView and Freesat, on-demand programmes are available through the CBS Channels catch-up app or Horror Bites app.
- Discover.Film: Content available via discover.film
- PBS America: Stream on Samsung TV Plus and on-demand through Amazon.
- Pluto TV Drama, Movies, Food, Retro and Paranormal: Stream via pluto.tv or through the Pluto TV app on various platforms.
- Real Stories & Timeline: Stream on veely.tv. Or access the Veely TV app on Amazon, Apple, Android or Roku apps.
- Together: A selection of programmes are available to stream at https://www.togethertv.com/shows
- Reel Truth Crime: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_0r3EheCnp-wVvndYDGviQ/videos
Refocussing on Channel 5’s own services will arguably make it easier to maintain the service across platforms without having to agree complicated licensing agreements with third-parties to cover each new distribution method.
In 2022, Channel 5’s owner ViacomCBS will be shaking up its on-demand streaming provision in the UK with the launch of Paramount Plus. Following the launch, there will be a clear split in service: Premium content from its pay TV channels will appear on Paramount Plus. Free-to-air content remains on My5.