Narrative Entertainment and That’s TV reorganise their Freeview channels in preparation for future channel launches in August’s Freeview channel update.
- That’s TV UK moves to channel 56 to fill gap left in June’s channel update. That’s 90s bags Freeview channel in Manchester ahead of national Sky launch.
- Narrative’s GREAT! Network bags three national slots as it prepares to launch new channels.
- Together TV+1 moves to streaming channel section.
- Viewers may need to retune to access all available channels in their area.
Freeview’s monthly channel housekeeping concluded on Wednesday morning with three channels obtaining national Freeview slots and three music channels shuffling to higher ranking channel numbers.
GREAT! Network changes
Narrative Entertainment has added placeholders for GREAT! movies+1 (channel 61), GREAT! tv+1 (channel 62) and GREAT! romance (channel 63) on the national COM6 Freeview multiplex. Previously, these channels were only available in restricted areas.
It’s advising viewers that the new services will be launching soon. In the meantime, viewers can press red on Freeview Play to stream films and shows from the GREAT! network on-demand.
However, the three +1 services may only be placeholders for future new channels. Narrative Entertainment has this month obtained Ofcom licences for new channels GREAT! movies extra and GREAT! romance mix, indicating it has plans to further expand its free-to-air channel offer.
That’s TV changes
That’s TV UK, which screens classic music and entertainment, has moved up to channel 56, taking 5Select’s old slot. 5Select moved up to 46 back in June, leaving the channel number empty.
As a result, That’s TV has shuffled up its other services.
|65||56||That’s TV UK|
|77||76||That’s 60s MCR**|
|80||77||That’s 70s MCR**|
|86||80||That’s 80s MCR**|
That’s 90s launches on the Greater Manchester multiplex on channel 86.
Viewers in Manchester receive some bonus channels because of the legacy of former local channel Channel M, for which an extra multiplex was created. That’s 90s is currently preparing to go live on Sky in the near future.
- Together TV+1, previously on channel 90, has moved to channel 285. This is because it is now a full-time streaming channel. Previously, Together TV+1 was available via an aerial for at least one hour a day.
- Zee World has launched a placeholder on channel 278 ahead of its launch. It will be offering Indian shows dubbed into English, to widen its appeal to a broader audience. Zee World will be distributed as a streaming channel on Freeview, so viewers will need a compatible connected Freeview Play TV or box to watch.
- POP has discontinued its information slate on channel 220. The channel reduced its Freeview coverage last month and is now only available in some areas on channel 206. Otherwise, viewers can stream via the POP Player on channel 212.
Old versions of discontinued channels may appear above channel 790 after retuning.
Next month, ITV will make a number of changes to its TV services following the closure of CITV at 9pm on 1st September. However, CITV is not expected to be fully removed from the channel list until September’s main Freeview channel update.