Sky’s latest Entertainment OS update means subscribers have access to new playlist functions and a new feature designed to avoid spoilers.
Viewers who have wanted to restart a programme running on TV have had to go via the live TV channel, risking seeing a spoiler. For example, sports fans may then briefly see the score before starting the game from the beginning.
Sky’s solution against a spoiler is to add the restart option to the Show Pages. If the programme is running on a BBC channel, viewers will be taken to the BBC iPlayer where the programme is available to restart.
Other new features on Sky Glass and Sky Stream
Playlist – The new ‘manage all’ feature
- You now have even more control of Playlist – with ‘manage all’ – one place to see and manage everything you’ve added. Just scroll to the end of Playlist and select the ‘manage all’ button.
- Easily browse everything that’s saved in different Personal Playlists, all in one place, and remove the stuff you don’t want anymore.
- Move TV shows and films from one Playlist to another, by pressing + on the remote and select which Personal Playlist you want to move it to.
Continue watching rail now with Netflix
- In case you haven’t spotted yet, all the shows and films you’re watching on Netflix can now be found in the continue watching rail. You can easily pick up from where you left off, without having to launch the Netflix app.
BONUS Women’s Football World Cup Voice Commands
- To celebrate the start of the World Cup, new voice commands will take you to the heart of the action. Phrases like ‘Lionesses’, ‘It’s Coming Home’ and ‘Women’s World Cup’ are just a few of the new commands to take you to a new destination page full of all the live games, catch-up, highlights and results tables.