Sky confirms Peacock is staying, but acknowledges that content has been removed and that some information given to customers was incorrect.
Since the end of December, numerous titles have been removed from Peacock in the UK and across Sky’s platforms across Europe.
Peacock originally launched in late 2021 in the UK and Ireland, exclusively on Sky’s platforms, promising a wide range of entertainment content. But subscribers had noticed a worrying trend in the past month.
- By the end of January, the number of titles available within Peacock on Sky had fallen to just 18 in the UK. In other countries, it had gone down further. Sky Germany only had three titles left on the platform.
- In late January, NOW’s Help Team tweeted that it would not be uploading any new Peacock content and that shows like the new season of Bel Air would not be on the platform. You can see an archive of this tweet here. It has been deleted because Sky says it “contained some incorrect information.”
What has Sky said?
- We challenged Sky over the information tweeted by NOW. In response, Sky said the tweet was incorrect. It has told RXTV that Peacock content will still be uploaded to NOW.
- A Sky Spokesperson told RXTV: “From January 2023, some Peacock content will no longer be available on the Sky platforms in Europe. European customers can continue to enjoy world-class original and iconic TV series from NBCUniversal either on Peacock or on Sky, WOW and NOW. Fans of reality can access Hayu on NOW in the UK.”
Accessing Peacock on Sky’s platforms
If you’re in the UK or Ireland:
- Go to the app rail across Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q, as well as on NOW.
If you’re in Italy:
- On Sky Q, MyQ > rail “App”, OR Serie TV > Peacock OR App > rail “Intrattenimento”
- On Sky Glass: Easily find it on the Apps rail on the homepage ‘“App, input e digitale terrestre”
- On Sky Go: Categorie > Serie TV > rail “Generi” > Peacock
For users in Germany:
- On Sky Q, head to Series > genres > Lifestyle & Shows
- On Sky Go, head to Category > Series > Lifestyle & Shows
- On WOW head to > Series > Reality-TV OR > Series > Genre > Shows
How does Peacock in the UK/Europe compare to Peacock in the USA?
The service offered by Sky is only a small sample of what Peacock offers in the USA. In the States, Peacock is the streaming home of NBCUniversal’s TV channels and on-demand programmes. including live sport. That service can’t be offered in Europe, as NBCUniversal does not possess live broadcast rights over here.
In the meantime, Sky says that Peacock’s content “will continue to evolve … as we curate what we know our customers love including Bel-Air, Below Deck, The Office and many more world-class original and iconic TV shows from NBCUniversal.”