The Premiership Rugby Cup returns this week with a new-look format for the 2023-24 season and TNT Sports has confirmed its coverage plans.
- TNT Sports will provide live coverage from each round
- There’s one live game per weekend for the rest of September and beginning of October.
The pool stage for the revamped competition sees fixtures begin on the weekend of 8-10th September with Premiership and Championship sides meeting for the first time in the competition.
This year, the 12 Championship teams will join their 10 Premiership counterparts in the competition, resulting in 22 teams taking part. The first games, Cornish Pirates v Bath and Doncaster Knights v Cambridge take place this Friday evening, but won’t be on TV. The first televised game follows on Sunday on TNT Sports:
▶ How to watch the Premiership Rugby Cup 2023-24 on TNT Sports UK
TNT Sports will show the following Premiership Rugby Cup matches:
- Round 1: Ealing Trailfinders v Northampton Saints: Sunday 10th September 12:30 on TNT Sports 1, discovery+
- Round 2 – Bath Rugby v Jersey Reds Saturday 16th September, 12:30 on TNT Sports 2, discovery+
- Round 3 – Gloucester Rugby v Harlequins Friday 22nd September, 19:15 on TNT Sports 1, discovery+
- Round 4 – Harlequins v Saracens, Sunday 1st October 14:00 (TNT Sports 1, discovery+)
- Round 5 – Fixture to be picked after first two rounds, Sunday 8th October 13:30
The winners from each pool will progress to the semi-finals with the two highest ranked sides earning home semi-finals.
In a change, the semi-finals will now be held on the weekend of 16-18th February 2024 and the final on the weekend of 15-17th March 2024.
Watching TNT Sports
TNT Sports is available across all major pay TV platforms, offering a line-up of up to four TV channels and up to six digital or red-button channels (TNT Sports 5 to 10), and TNT Sports Ultimate plus TNT Sports Box Office HD.
For viewers who don’t want to sign up to a pay TV contract, streaming service discovery+ provides access to all TNT Sports channels on a rolling monthly subscription basis.