Sky Sports confirms the launch of a new channel dedicated to tennis, launching on the 11th February 2024 on all main pay TV and streaming platforms.
- Over 4,000 matches from more than 80 tournaments a year on the ATP and WTP Tours, plus live US Open
- Sky Sports Tennis to be available on Sky, NOW, Virgin Media and EE
- New voice control on Sky Q and Sky Stream
After hoovering up numerous tennis broadcast rights in the past year, Sky Sports has confirmed a new home for all that coverage.
Sky Sports Tennis will broadcast more live tennis than anywhere else, bringing over 4,000 matches from more than 80 tournaments a year on the ATP & WTA Tours. The channel will also become the home of the US Open, exclusively live.
The first week of programming will feature live coverage from the Hologic WTA Tour tournament in Doha, where viewers can watch their favourite players such as Coco Gauff, Ons Jabeur, Aryna Sabalenka, Naomi Osaka and Iga Swiatek. The action continues with the ATP Tour from Rotterdam, followed by an all-star line-up of Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Andrey Rublev and Daniil Medvedev on court in Doha from the 19 February.
Sky Sports Tennis coverage of the biggest events on the calendar will be expertly analysed by former top British players Tim Henman and Laura Robson, presented by Gigi Salmon with the well-known voice of Jonathan Overend on commentary.
▶ How to access Sky Sports Tennis
- Sky Sports Tennis will be available to Sky Sports customers with Complete, Action and Arena packages from 11th February.
- It will launch on Sky channel 408 before moving to channel 407 on the 13th February.
- Viewers will be able to access multiple live court streams at the same time via the mobile app, the Sky TV app or red button and on NOW Bonus Streams, giving access to more live matches.
Voice controls (Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream)
Viewers can also quickly find the channel by using the Voice Control function on the Sky Glass, Stream, or Q remote, using the search terms “New balls please;’ “It was on the line;” “Sky Tennis;” “Sky Sports Tennis” or “Tennis channel”.
NOW Memberships for non-Sky subscribers
- Non-Sky subscribers can stream live matches with a NOW Sports Day and Month Membership, via Sky Sports Tennis, Sky Sports Arena, and Sky Sports Mix channels.
- Select catch-up content will be available on demand.
Virgin Media and EE TV
- The Sky Sports Tennis channel will also be available on Virgin Media and EE TV (UK). The channel number is to be confirmed.
- Meanwhile, multiple live court streams will be available to Virgin Media customers via the Sky Sports mobile app and red button.
- EE TV customers can access the live court streams via the NOW Bonus Streams. These Bonus Streams will be offered in HD.
Sky Sports Managing Director, Jonathan Licht, said:
“It’s an exciting moment for Sky Sports as we launch a new home for tennis fans, and Sky Sports Tennis will give millions of homes easy access to watch the best players in the world all year round. We’re proud to be the undisputed home of live sport for fans in the UK and Ireland, and this new channel will add value for our customers, enabling them to enjoy even more of the sports they love.”