The BritBox app has officially arrived on Roku streaming devices ahead of the new series of Spitting Image.
Viewers can now access BritBox UK on Roku streaming players and Roku TV models. The streaming service first launched almost two years ago and now boasts the biggest single collection of British box sets, including Broadchurch, Downton Abbey, Footballer’s Wives, Love Island and Vera. Original content includes Spitting Image and The Beast Must Die.
How to access BritBox UK on Roku:
Existing BritBox customers
- Add the BritBox app on Roku to your channels and log in using existing sign-in details.
New BritBox customers
- Add the BritBox app on Roku to your channels. Sign in using your remote control through Roku Pay. Roku Pay allows new customers to sign up for free trial periods. After the free trial period has ended, the paid for subscription will start. It can be cancelled at any time.
The UK version of BritBox is controlled by ITV, who have a 90% share in the business. BBC Studios holds the remaining 10% share. Content from ITV, BBC, Channel 4 and 5 appears on the service.
Tom Price, BritBox UK’s Commercial Director said:
“We are thrilled to bring the best of British entertainment to Roku, which has been one of the most demanded platforms in customer feedback. Our mission is to make it easy to enjoy BritBox across any device and we now cover all the major streaming devices and smart TV platforms. It’s perfect timing with original and exclusive shows including the new series of Spitting Image launching in the next few months as well as our unrivalled collection of classic and contemporary British TV.”